Freshly prepared food is always recommended according to Ayurveda. Here is a easy to make recipe from my own kitchen and you can use instapot version for the same recipe as well, it is super easy and yummy.
- Finely chopped vegetables (use seasonally available fresh vegetables other than tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, bell peppers) – 4 cups
- Onion–optional–1 whole cut into small peices
- Ginger–Finely chopped or minced
- Garlic–Finely grated
- Mustard Seeds–1/16th tsp
- Cumin seeds–1/16th tsp
- Cumin Powder–1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder–1/2 tsp
- Turmeric–1/4th tsp
- Salt–to taste
- chilli Powder–to taste
- Fresh Grated Coconut–2 tablespoons
- Ghee–2 tbsp
- Optional red chillies, Curry Leaves for seasoning
Take a vessel and put it on the stove. Now add ghee and wait until it gets hot. Once hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to splutter, once mustard seeds cracks open add 1/4th tsp turmeric, curry leaves. Immediately add finely chopped onions (this is optional) and finely grated ginger and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes. Now add the finely chopped vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 1-2 cups of water along with grated coconut, salt, chilli powder and cook it until desired softness is achieved, now add cumin powder, coriander powder and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice, roti or bread. Feel free to adjust spices according to your taste and use the same recipe with instapot.